Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) comes from lavare, meaning “to wash” in Latin. From ancient Greece, it is use to ease anger and purify the body and mind.
Lavender essential oil is a MUST HAVE essential oils in your cabinet. Lavender is used for many conditions, it is like an archetype of a mother who take care and nurture us. It is a practical essential oil every family should have at least a bottle of lavender essential oil.
|Botanical Latin Name||Lavandula angustifolia/ Lavandula officinalis|
|Place of Origin||Mediterranean area|
|Part of plant used||Flowering tops|
|Precaution/ Contra-indication||None in therapeutic doses, but the oil must be diluted well for asthma suffers as it can create problems in some individuals.|
- Very effective for burn and scald
- Can balance the central nervous system and emotional system
- Ease anxiety, sleep disorders, insomnia
- It is a natural germicidal, disinfectant
- good for migraine headaches, colds, laryngitis
- Muscle aches and sprains
- Menstrual pain, premenstrual syndrome, viginal infection
- Bee sting, insect bite
- Help to alleviate stress related symptoms
- It can drive away moths and insects and so on.